See more value from your IT investments with vendor management support from MCP
The average public safety agency interfaces with more than 30 vendor partners while managing the day-to-day operations of their organization. Because of today’s complex public safety environment, they often don’t have the capacity to manage vendor relationships or the bandwidth to keep tabs on contract intricacies. Vendor relationships are too often managed tactically when a specific event occurs instead of proactively.
MCP offers vendor management services that enable agencies to control costs, strengthen service delivery and reduce risk throughout the process out of outsourcing to vendors while extracting the most value from their IT investments.
MCP brings practiced insight into IT contracts and vendor relationships by applying objective oversight and a proprietary, data-driven framework that saves public safety agencies time, energy, expense and frustration. These services can be used for a specific, one-time need or on an on-going monthly basis for the following applications and systems: network providers, computer-aided dispatch (CAD), customer premise equipment (CPE) and land mobile radio (LMR) vendors.
Our services deliver the following benefits:
- Strengthened contracts in terms of SLAs, additional reporting and more protection in terms of coverage, risk and exposure
- The opportunity for significant cost-savings...on average, our clients experience 30 percent lower long-term maintenance costs.
- Assurance you're paying a fair market value to maintain your IT systems
- Resolution of contract discrepancies and inefficiencies
- Elimination of long term agreements that force outdated technologies and unused terms
- Greater alignment between your goals and the vendor's goals
MCP's Vendor Management Portfolio
- Contract assessment and negotiation - improve IT service levels and see greater value from maintenance contracts for a one-time engagement near a contract's negotiation point. Includes vendor interfacing, fair market price comparison, work/unit cost analysis, service-level audit, and full documentation review.
- Contract vendor management - the ever-evolving nature of public safety means that your service needs are evolving rapidly. This broader commitment means MCP works proactively with your vendors on a monthly basis, acting as an advocate for you with every interaction. Includes SLA and metric management as well as meeting representation.