Mission Critical Partners Named a Top Telecommunications Firm
mcpmanager May 30th, 2017
Posted In: News
MISSION CRITICAL PARTNERS NAMED A TOP 20 TELECOMMUNICATIONS FIRM
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (May 26, 2017)—Mission Critical Partners, Inc. (MCP) today announced that it has been named one of the top 20 telecommunications firms in the United States by Engineering Record-News magazine. The firm provides public safety consulting services across multiple disciplines, particularly in the area of emergency response communications.
MCP was listed at number 17 in the annual ranking of top telecommunications firms, two positions higher than last year. The ranking is based on total reported revenue. The top 20 firms collectively accounted for $877.1 million in revenue in 2016, and market share of 74.1 percent.
The growth experienced by the firm last year was driven by the public safety sector’s universal desire to migrate to next-generation technology.
“The reason why MCP has experienced significant growth every year since its founding is that the public safety agencies from coast to coast trust our expertise and appreciate our collective devotion to their life-safety mission,” said Kevin Murray, MCP’s president and founder.
Major projects supported by MCP in 2016 include the following:
- Broward County, Florida—Implementation of a new 800 megahertz (MHz) Project 25 (P25) digital radio communications system, with accompanying microwave backhaul system and fire station alerting system
- States of Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Arizona—Strategic plan development related to implementation of the nationwide public safety broadband network under the auspices of the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet), which was created by federal statute in 2012
- City of Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee—Implementation of a new 800 MHz P25 digital trunked radio system
- State of Illinois/Illinois State Police—Feasibility study concerning the implementation of a statewide Next Generation 911 (NG911) system
- City of Memphis—Development of an implementation plan concerning a new computer-aided dispatch system for the police department
- State of Kansas—Technical, operational and fiscal sustainability assessment of the statewide 800 MHz radio system operated by the Department of Transportation
- State of Nebraska—Development of a strategic plan to guide the migration from legacy 911 systems to NG911; comprehensive wireless integrity testing in nine counties along the Nebraska-Iowa border to determine the technical and operations issues that are preventing 911 centers from expeditiously routing and transferring calls to each other.
- Texas Commission on State Emergency Communications—Implementation of a state-level Emergency Services Internet Protocol Network, or ESInet, to support NG911 services.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency/U.S. Army—Communications system planning, design and implementation oversight in support of the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program (CSEPP) program
About Mission Critical Partners (MCP)
Mission Critical Partners (MCP) is a professional services firm that helps clients enhance and evolve their public safety systems and operations through our extensive experience, knowledge and resources. By providing insight and support every step of the way, our clients are able to transform their mission critical operations, maximizing the value of their investments and ensuring optimal performance and success. Additional information and career opportunities are available at www.MissionCriticalPartners.com.
Mission Critical Partners